Our Adopt-A-Park programs are for residents of all ages who are interested in being stewards of our community’s parks.
Businesses, community organizations, schools, families or individuals can all become volunteers. Interested in joining our Adopt-A-Park program? Email Park Spark for more information.
The Adopt-A-Park program is full of possibilities. Check out the links below to learn more about the different ways you can get involved:
- All materials and equipment are provided by the City
- A chance to enjoy volunteer events throughout the City
- Recognition in the community with plaques and signs
Liability & Safety
All volunteers must be registered with the City and have a successfully completed a Police Information Check. Volunteer activity logs must be up to date and accurate.
- Any person under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Have access to a phone. Carry a cell phone and/or know where there are accessible phones along your route in case of an emergency
- Park fixture should not be ‘fixed’ or changed in anyway without coordinator approval
- Report all accidents and injuries immediately to the City Coordinator
- Stay out of park during storms or high winds
- Wear gloves, safety vests, suitable footwear and appropriately dress for the weather
First Aid Form
The First Aid form (PDF) must be filled out in the event of an injury.
Report your volunteer work via our online Activity Log form.