A scope and process for the Southwest Housing Review (SWHR) was approved by Council on June 22, 2020. The SWHR supports more affordable housing options in Southwest Coquitlam through a comprehensive multi-year planning effort with four work streams:
- Examining neighbourhood pockets where residents have come forward requesting a review of Southwest Coquitlam Area Plan (SWCAP) land-use designation of their neighbourhood
- Developing a Corridor Development Strategy (CDS) for key arterial streets
- Exploring the potential expansion of the recently updated Housing Choices Program into other areas of Southwest Coquitlam
- Reviewing infill housing options in single-family areas to further address the policy directions in the SWCAP
Southwest Housing Review Timeline
Phase 1 - 2020 (complete)
Phase 2 – 2021/2022 (complete)
- Corridor Development Strategy
- Housing Choices & Detached Housing Alternatives
Each phase will include opportunities for public input. Those opportunities will be posted to the Southwest Housing Review public engagement page.
For more information on the Southwest Housing Review, sign up for project updates.