Tenant Improvements

You need a Tenant Improvement Permit for any new construction or the proposed alteration of an existing building (e.g. installation of windows, washrooms, racking, walls). Applying tenants are required to get permission from the owner of the building prior to construction. Please see our Tenant Improvement Brochure (PDF) for more information.

Additional Information

To apply for a Tenant Improvement Permit, please complete the Tenant Improvement Building Permit Application Form (PDF).

For more information about starting a business in Coquitlam, please refer to the City’s Business LinQ.