Conservation Permit

You need a Conservation Permit when moving, removing or depositing soil in excess of 500 cubic metres or when changing the grade of a property by more than 1 metre.

The Conservation Bylaw regulates the deposition and removal of soil on lands within the City of Coquitlam and provides information on conditions for applying for permits, issuance and renewal of permits, and the suspension or revocation of permits. 

Conservation Permit applications must include technical information from an appropriate qualified professional(s) to ensure the excavation is safe and addresses all appropriate requirements.

Additional Information

For more information on how to apply for a Soils Conservation Permit, please refer to the Soils Conservation Guide (PDF) and  Soil Conservation Bylaw (PDF) .

For more information about City bylaws, please refer to the Community Charter, Local Government Act, and Land Title Act.